Human Development Training Center (HDTC) Courses
From leadership building for community representatives in Cambodia to expert training and awareness promotion for flood prevention programs in Ayutthaya, the Human Development Training Center by HDFF has a proven track-record of successful capacity building across a broad spectrum of professions and skills.
In 2013, HDFF began a two-year capacity building project in Southern Thailand to empower local NGOs and local authorities to design, propose, and implement their own development and peace-building projects. The project aimed to directly train up to 1,100 participants, some of whom you may learn about in this video (w/ English sub-titles). HDFF’s “Stay Safe” Training was also featured in a 30-minute special on TV television, which you can watch here.
Though our most popular series of courses are the “Stay Safe” trainings for security managers of UN organizations and INGOs, we have so much more to help you and your organization develop the necessary skills to succeed.
As we update our website, we will include course descriptions for upcoming and popular courses.
For all inquiries, please email the Human Development Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for our mailing list to receive updates on all Training events, please click here. Please note that HDFF reserves the right to make changes to training events at short notice.
HDFF does provide training’s for organizations on request at an agreed upon price. Please contact email@example.com for more information. Below are courses beginning in 2017.
Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
– Recognize and avoid UXO/IED’s/land mines; How to prevent and respond to fires in the field.
– To survive a Kidnapping & Hostage incident from abduction to release/rescue by force.
– To apply life-saving techniques in a remote field environment.
– Respond with essential survival techniques during an active shooter situation.
– Understand best-practices for delivering aid in unstable rapidly-evolving situations, Stay safe during outbreaks of civil unrest.
– Behave appropriately at legal/illegal check points; Enhance safety and effectiveness through knowledge of basic field navigation.
Monitoring & Evaluation For Development Results (MEDR)
– To understand the concept of monitoring, its objectives, procedures, and how it applies to development projects.
– To understand and to be able to apply the principles and tools of evaluation to donor-funded projects.
– To be able to create and apply monitoring and evaluation tools to development projects.
– To create and utilize a problem tree, an objective tree, and a budget as methods to manage and measure project outputs.
All courses will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, or Hua Hin, Thailand, and will be conducted in English, unless otherwise noted. HDFF reserves the right to make changes to training events on short notice. For registration, click here and for queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HDTC Discount Policy
Group Discount (from same organization): 10% for 3 or more participants 15% for 5 or more participants Discount Category-2 5% discount for Local NGOs’ staff of host country-Thailand* (*does not apply for “Stay Safe Training for Thai NGO Staff” because fees are already at a reduced rate)
Payment and Visa Policy
All payments for course fees must be received by HDFF prior to the training event you wish to attend in order to reserve a spot. Unless otherwise noted, HDFF accepts payments by bank transfer only. For participants needing visas to enter Thailand, HDFF will provide the requisite invitation letter after receiving payment of course fees. In the case that a participant is not in a country with a Thai embassy, the participant will have to arrange travel on their own to the nearest Thai embassy. This may require extra days of travel and expenses. Please take these factors into account when registering for a training and planning your trip to Thailand. It is therefore advisable to pay course fees as soon as possible in order to receive an invitation letter.