The Human Development Forum Foundation (HDFF) offers a wide variety of courses which cannot be entirely reflected in this catalog. Therefore the following main course outlines are given to develop training ideas for organizations or corporates interested.
HDFF is specialized in tailor made training programs, example for proven track records ranging from Bangladesh Ministry of Education programs to Business Continuity Planning for an Indonesian Telecom corporate as well as training for several Afghanistan ministries.
Therefore, HDFF invites all organizations to submit their training and capacity building needs, so both sides can jointly develop project and training ideas suitable for the organization in need. HDFF is also able to provide training outside ASEAN proven by previous activities, e.g. in Nepal and Madagascar.
HDFF BREAKING NEWS — TODAY is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Why did the UN choose the 25th of November as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women?
Women’s rights activists have observed 25 November as a day against gender-based violence since 1981. This date was selected to honor the Mirabal sisters, three political activists from the Dominican Republic who were brutally murdered in 1960 by order of the country’s ruler, Rafael Trujillo (1930-1961).
Against this backdrop HDFF launches the new core “Focus” program for 2021 with its campaign “Women’s Safety Focus”. A series of specialized workshops and trainings for women (also possibility of tailor made for organizations) to reduce their vulnerabilities and increase women’s resilience conducted by the very professional HDFF trainer team with 18-35 years of training experience.
Expecting that in the second half of 2021 travel to Thailand will be easier and thus face-to-face trainings will be possible again, this information is also for all friends and colleagues abroad to keep it in their mind. Also, please distribute in your networks as well.
Join HDFF in this endeavor and help to protect the women in your family, your friend circles and your female co-workers. Looking forward to your comments and participation.
SST.1. Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) (4.5 days)
HDFF’s Flagship Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) is an advanced safety training that addresses primarily implementing personnel but also management and safety related personnel needs of (I)NGOs, Governmental and UN agencies, international civilian and corporates working, based or traveling into or through so-called “Red Countries” (high risk level or deemed as such by insurances and foreign service advisories high risk areas of a medium risk country). This HEAT training aims to improve participants’ security awareness and handling of potential dangerous situation skills in a hostile environment, following international regulations in these kind of settings. As this is a chief responsibility for employers, this training will contribute to a high “Duty of Care” profile of the organization as well. The HEAT training will be conducted by experienced and culturally sensitive trainers in an utmost safe way for participants taking in consideration an extremely high level of participatory activities and has in its core a three day scenario based practical Field Simulation. The only Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) certified HEAT training in Asia.
- To increase the understanding of pro-active security and basic field measures taken before, during and after a mission in hostile field environment
- To enhance the resilience of personnel in hazardous environments by knowing how to manage dangerous situations and related stress, e.g. checkpoint behavior, ambush/active shooter, hostile crowds, IED, weapons effects, kidnapping, rescue by force, First Aid and fire fighting in the field
- To be able to act as a team member in hostile environments and stressful situations as well as manage individual stress situations plus understand basics of PTSD
Date: [15 – 19 Mar 2021_1] [7 – 12 Jun 2021_2] [02 – 06 Aug 2021_3] [01-05 Nov 2021_4]
Location: Huahin, Thailand Full Board Training only
Cost: Regular Price – $ 3,250 USD $ 2,650 USD
Early Bird – $ 2,995 USD $ 2,395 USD
HDFF’s Stay Safe Training (SST) Urban Survival is a basic safety training addressing primarily implementing personnel but also short term mission/business travelers as well as management personnel safety needs of (I)NGOs, Governmental and UN agencies, international civilian and corporates working, based or traveling into or through so-called “Yellow or Green Countries” (medium or low risk level countries or deemed as such by insurances and/or foreign service advisories). The training aims to increase participants’ safety and security awareness as well as related survival skills in hostile travel and/or urban working environment. The training is useful for all personnel of organizations with field operations or intensive business travel. The “SST Urban Survival” training will be conducted by experienced and culturally sensitive trainers in an utmost safe way for participants taking in consideration an extremely high level of participatory activities and has in its core several practical simulations.
- To develop an urban environment survival mindset that increases proactive and reactive response capabilities in unknown or turned hostile travel and urban work environments
- To develop ideas in coping with dangers on the move and in urban vicinities as well as related stress levels, e.g. situational awareness, journey planning and management, hotel security, dealing with aggression and violent crime, Stress Management, active self-defense incl. gender based security, active shooter, evacuation and firefighting.
- To understand and utilize practical tips to protect yourself during travel and in urban working environments
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Cost: Regular Price – $ 1,100 USD
Early Bird – $ 950 USD
HDFF’s Stay Safe Training (SST) Field Travel Survival is a basic safety training addressing primarily implementing personnel but also short term mission travelers safety needs of (I)NGOs, Governmental and UN organizations, international civilian and corporates working, based or traveling into or through so-called “Yellow or Green Countries” (medium or low risk level countries or deemed as such by insurances and/or foreign service advisories). The training aims to increase participants’ security awareness and survival mind set in an unknown maybe in some situations turning hostile field travel and/or field based working environment. The training will be conducted by experienced and culturally sensitive trainers in an utmost safe way for participants taking in consideration an extremely high level of participatory activities and has in its core about two days practical simulations.
- To enhance the resilience of personnel by developing a field travel and working survival mindset that increases proactive and responsive capabilities in unknown or hostile field travel and fieldwork environments
- To develop ideas in coping with dangers on the move and in field locations and vicinities as well as related stress levels, e.g. vehicle familiarization, pre-travel planning and journey management, orientation (e.g. compass, maps), checkpoint behavior, coping with stress handling an impaired vehicle survival in the field, firefighting in the field, and evacuation.
- To develop and maintain security awareness and survival mind set and develop confidence in individual capabilities to cope with challenging situations.
Location: Hua Hin, Thailand
& transport Training fee only
Costs: Regular Price – $ 1,875 USD – $ 1,575 USD
Early Bird – $ 1,695 USD – $ 1,450 USD
SST.4. Stay Safe Basic Training Basic for General Public, Government and UN organizations’ Personnel, as well as Corporate Personnel (2.5 days)
HDFF’s three-day Stay Safe Basic Training for general public, government and UN organizations’ personnel as well as corporate personnel is a safety/security training that addresses the basic safety and security knowledge needed by everybody working or traveling. The training is conducted by experienced and culturally sensitive facilitators (also internationally experienced) in an utmost participatory way.
- To be able to assess risks for individuals, teams, programs, and locations
- To increase situational awareness and related risk management capabilities
- To be able to understand safety tasks and apply skills to related personnel scope of work and traveling including
- situational awareness
- risk avoidance
- risk mitigation
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Cost: Regular Price – $ 790 USD
Early Bird Discount – $ 685 USD
The two-days HDFF designed Stay Safe Key Skills Training “Hostage Incident Management (HIM)” is a course aiming to give participants a profound overview on hostage situations, both from the hostage side as well as management side. This intensive training includes scenario based management parts, practical parts as well as media management in hostage situations. Case studies are based on the personal experiences of the trainer who was hostage negotiator and can share rich experiences. HIM follows international standards to manage this kind of incidents.
- Raise awareness for hostage prevention measures
- Highlight the importance of the “Golden Hour” from victim’s and management’s side
- Introduce media management in hostage incidents
- Highlight the benefits of a clear hostage incident management policy
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Cost: Regular Price – $660 USD
Early Bird -$ 570 USD
SST.6. Women’s Safety during travel & at Home (2 days)
The two one-day HDFF designed Stay Safe Training “Women Safety” Stay safe Training aim to enable every woman to establishing a personal Risk Management and related mitigation measures.
Day 1 will concentrate on environmental screening and practical self-defense against sexual harassment.
Day 2 will focus on house/hotel/venue safety As well as Active Shooter situations.
- To increase the situational awareness of female staffs in commute and daily work
- To increase confidence in dealing with challenging situations and matters
- To understand how to cope with aggression and violent crime situations
- To be able to apply basic self-defense techniques in critical situations
HDFF has COVID policy in place to protect everybody during the training!
Date: 09 – 11 February 2021
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Price for 1 day: 225 USD
Package (2 days) 395 USD
Fees includes: lunch, snacks, training materials and certificate
SST.7. Stay Safe Travel Security Training (2 days)
The two-day HDFF designed Stay Safe Travel Security Training aims to enable business and short mission travelers to HQs/ Capitals and in low risk environment to increase their security awareness and improve their security behavior. The participants will also learn how to cope with hotel security related matters as well as First Aid and trauma care (certified First Aid course with three years validity). Briefings on defensive driving, weapons effects and active shooter behavior will increase the mitigation skills of the participants as well.
- To increase the security awareness of traveling personnel during travels and in hotel environments
- To increase the consciousness related to Defensive Driving
- To understand how to behave in active shooter situations
- To be able to apply basic First Aid and trauma care techniques in critical situations
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Cost: Regular Price – $ 625 USD
Early Bird – $ 540 USD